Just 45 minutes’ drive from Queenstown, The Remarks’ expansive beginner areas, tubing park, three terrain parks, off-piste chutes and big mountain terrain add up to winter fun specifically for beginners, youth and entire families.
Situated high in The Remarkables mountain range and surrounded by craggy peaks, The Remarkables provides a spectacular, true alpine environment with 385 skiable hectares accessed by a high-speed six-seater chair and three quad chairs within three sunny, wide open bowls.
The base building, brand new in 2015, includes a large sun deck - perfect for enjoying refreshments, overseeing children on the adjacent learners’ slopes and people-watching.
Shadow Basin, has open intermediate and advanced runs, Shadow Bowl and the Alta Chair have plenty of long, wide open beginner and intermediate runs. Shadow Basin and Sugar bowl are lift accessed and traversing from the Shadow Basin chairlift will get you to Lake Alta with its off-piste steeps and shoots.
From the first timer through to those who like to be challenged by narrow chutes, rock drops and off-piste powder, The Remarkables is all about fun, families, freestyle and the love of the big mountain environment. For backcountry lovers, the 1.5km Homeward Bound is considered the best in-bounds backcountry run, and a short walk from the Shadow Basin Chair delivers access into the chutes' amazing big mountain terrain.
The Remarkables used to have a licensed Skiwiland Early Learning Centre for children aged from three months to five years (we're confirming if this is still available). Lesson and hire packages are offered for youngsters aged 5 -17 (Kea Club) and for kids 4 - 5 years (Mini Kea).
Regular shuttles on make The Remarkables easily accessible, so there is no excuse not to experience a fun and exciting ski atmosphere.
New in 2019 is:
- A new 160-metre long conveyor lift and a larger learners area
- A number of general trail enhancements
- A new energy efficient groomer
- 2020 will bring the new Sugar Bowl high-speed 6-seater chairlift and trail development
The Remarkables Tips:
- Kids 5 years and under are able to enjoy skiing for free
- There is no free seniors skiing
- Check out the snow tubing park with the family for some fun throughout the day without skis or a snowboard on
- Check out the Snack Shack for a tasty snack or lunch on the go to make sure you are maximising your time on the slopes